........at least as far as dinner topics of conversation go.
Politics.
I will keep my opinion on the subject short & to the point. While I claim to be neither republican or democrat at this point, I can say with confidence that it deeply frustrates me to the core that supporters of one race or another focus on what the "other candidate" did to slip up or things they disagree with from the other party. It is, however, a rare occasion that I hear what policy, viewpoint & "change" either candidate intends to implement that will actually help our country get back on it's feet.
Supporters of your parties: Please focus on what counts & what policy your preferred candidate plans to support rather than their campaign message or empty promises (as I can assure you no politician follows through on their word on every aspect).
I loathe hearing one more word about Obama or McCain from the non-supporting party. Tell me what your candidate of choice is good at or planning to do, not what the other cannot or does not intend to do. The shortcomings of one candidate (as they both have them) are not what will matter when our President leads us as there will only be ONE president. I want to know what that man will do when he gets there.
Thank you. That is all. (Puts soap box in cupboard).
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment